Business cards are often the first piece of marketing we have printed when we start or join a new business and with today’s digital printing techniques anyone can get professional business cards without breaking the bank. Of course, a lot of business is carried out online, so do we really need business cards? The answer is a resounding yes. Business cards are as vital now as ever. If you’re wondering why are business cards important in today’s digital world or whether yours need a refresh, read our business card blog.
Why are business cards still important?
There are many reasons why business cards are still important pieces of marketing.
- Your business card will be the first impression many potential customers will have of your brand, your business and of you.
- Business cards are extremely effective marketing tools. A good business card will rarely get discarded and that means it is still working for you weeks or months after it’s been given and received.
- Business cards are much more personal than email or online marketing. A handshake and exchange of business cards creates a much greater impact than any online correspondence and that’s great for building lasting business relationships.
- Business cards show you’re a professional and serious about your business. If someone asks for a card and you can’t produce you’ll look amateurish and unprepared to do business.
- Good business cards get shown to others and shared between contacts and colleagues. A clever, creative, well-designed and professionally printed business card is a great way to get referrals.
- Business cards are great value for money marketing. Business cards are effective and easy to produce at little cost compared to other forms or marketing.
What makes a business card effective?
Business cards are versatile and can be used anywhere. Carry them with you wherever you go. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities you’ll have to give out cards at social as well as business events like trade shows, conferences, meetings and networking events. They’re so small people will always put them in their pocket and keep them for future reference. There really are no rules on how to use business cards. Be as inventive as you can. Business cards are a great way to get remembered.
How do you design a business card?
How to design a business card depends on your business and on your ideal customers. If you deal with other businesses a clean, corporate feel is best. If your business or service is quirkier, your card can be more fun too. You’ll need to include your name, business name, logo and contact details. Professional print on a good card weight is essential too. Anything that makes your card stand out (for the right reasons) will make it even more effective.
Ready to get down to business?
When you’re ready to print your new business cards you can get an instant quote, upload your artwork and order on www.DigitalPrinting.co.uk. When you click for a quote you’ll be taken through all the sizes available and paper choices including our luxury and extra thick business cards. Our print quality is guaranteed and our price match promise means you won’t find better value for money anywhere in the UK. To get perfectly printed business cards working for you right away, visit www.DigitalPrinting.co.uk today.