With the rise of digital communications such as email and instant messaging, it can be easy to forget about the humble postcard. But this form of written correspondence has far from run its course. Postcard printing remains a staple in the print industry. And in this post, DigitalPrinting.co.uk demonstrates exactly why this is the case.
Why are Postcards Important?
1. They show that you value the recipient
Sending a postcard is not just as simple as quickly typing a message and clicking send without much thought or consideration. In contrast, they require a degree of time and energy to design, print, construct a message and address them. These additional steps convey the sense that you value your recipient.
2. They help you stand out from the crowd
We’ve all been there: wading through a seemingly never-ending list of emails, rapidly scrolling and scanning, hoping not to miss something important. But with printed postcards, this situation is a rarity. Beautifully crafted cards will capture the attention of your recipients by offering a welcome respite from the slew of daily notifications.
3. They increase engagement
In terms of a business adopting a strategy based on direct mail campaigns, promotional postcards should be a key consideration. Based on their previously mentioned benefits, by definition, recipients are much more likely to engage with a tangible postcard rather than an online message.
Postcard Design Tips
Before ordering your postcards online, be sure to check out the following list of our top postcard design tips:
1. Stick to a theme – The best postcards perfectly combine a consistent colour and design theme.
2. Keep it simple – As the old adage goes: less is more. Don’t overcrowd your postcards with unnecessary images and large chunks of text.
3. Use only high-resolution images – Grainy images are a surefire way to detract from the overall quality of your printed postcards.
4. Proofread, then proofread again – There’s no worse feeling than sending out thousands of promotional postcards only to find a typo that was hidden in plane sight (see what we did there?).
Where to Get Postcards Printed?
DigitalPrinting.co.uk offer high quality printed postcards at competitive rates. You can customise your postcards with a range of paper choices, professional finishes and original artwork. We use top of the range HP Indigo Digital Presses to ensure rich colours, sharp imagery and clear text. Visit our Products for more information.